tirsdag den 5. juni 2012

Danish DH cup - Rold

This past weekend the second round of the Danish DH cup was held in Rold forrest, where about 60 people decided to race. The 500 meter long track is filled with manmade jumps and obstacles which makes for a fun and fast track that has a bit of everything. This year they made a few changes in some sectiones, for the better. 
Since I had not been on a bike for 14 days, because of my shoulder injury, I was not completly sure if I could ride my bike. Nevertheless I had a go at it and rode 4 runs in the practise, Saturday. The shoulder was a bit sore, but I could ride with it so thats good :) So after the runs I went up the track and looked at a couple of lines on the new bits, while some of the faster riders got some runs in. 

Kasper Nancke tyre-tapping..
Come race day Kasper Nancke joined me and we would get a few runs in before the race started at 12 pm. At this track we had two race runs on two different tracks with practise in between the first and second race run, the times would be combined into one time. Nevertheless we got going with the first runs. The times on the first track were pretty close. Kasper came in 3rd fastest with a 51.990 and I came in with the fastest time with a 50.508 closely followed by Mike Thisted with a 50.680. I knew I had the speed to clock in a faster time, since I hit a rock that had rolled onto the track which caused the I hit it at full speed resulting in a pretty out of control moment and a bent crankset.. Nevertheless had to get on the gas for the second race runs. 

Sebastian Jensen - Race run no. 2
After some practise on the second track and a good lunch break the raceruns began. The second track had some faster sections that I felt comfortable and I was pretty sure that I could put in a good run. Kasper was up before me and put in a good effort and posting the second fastest time at a 54.169. My run went pretty good but I knew that I could have pushed it a bit more in one section in particular, nevertheless I came down fastest with a 51.371. So with the times combined Kasper got 2nd on the day and I ended up 1st - a pretty good weekend for 222Racing, so Kasper is second in the overall and I´m first. 

Kasper Nancke - Sebastian Jensen - Rasmus Reding
Overall it was a good weekend with okay weather and prime track conditions. Eventhough I had not been on a bike for 14 days I felt good on the bike so I could not ask for more really:) 

Photos: Stefan Hovaldt - http://shphoto.dk/

- SJ

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar